SMC’s mechanical design experience together with our understanding of aerospace tooling and equipment has enabled us to create a large portfolio of aerospace engineering design projects associated with Ground Support Equipment, Friction Welding machines, Jig and Tool, testing and inspection Jigs and the robotic automation of drilling and riveting wing components.
Our internal engineering design team has expertise in techniques employed in the manufacture and assembly of a wide range of aerospace components in a variety of metallic and non-metallic materials.
Our core tooling capabilities include the design and supply of aerospace tooling for:
- ground support equipment
- major assembly jigs
- automated manufacturing production techniques
- special purpose machines
- military and civil aircraft structure
- aero engines
- detail machining fixtures
- electron beam welding fixtures
- tooling for composite parts
- hot metal forming
- lifting and handling systems
- transportation systems
- automated robotic manufacturing production techniques